Sunday, August 29, 2010

Idea #5 - Lifestyle magazine for the frugal and/or poor

I originally intended to post my incredibly innovative and original idea to introduce real American smokehouse barbecue to the foggy, cobbled streets (yes, I know, they pretty much use asphalt- excuse me, "tar macadam"- like we do here) of Ye Olde London Towne, but then I found out about this place, so you know, never mind.

Instead, here's another one: what about a fashion/lifestyle/food magazine for folks with, let's just say, not so much going on in the ol' money department. GQ crossed with allure crossed with Food & Wine crossed with Travel & Leisure crossed with, oh, I don't know, Guns & Ammo, but with the resulting unholy offspring aimed squarely at the underfunded. In other words, a periodical featuring information and advice about fashion, cars, food, and travel, for folks that don't know what, say, selvedge denim is, and can't afford to buy it even if they do.

A lifestyle magazine that is a manual, not a wishbook.


No comments:

Post a Comment